You should always strive to take good care of your skin, for your health, certainly, but also so that you can have beautiful skin and the confidence that goes with it. Although you should take care of your skin year-round, November has been declared Healthy Skin Month. This makes this month a great opportunity to take a look at your skincare routine to make sure you are doing all you can for your skin.
Do you have a skincare routine?
If your idea of a “routine” is washing your face once a day with whatever soap is closest, you might want to rethink this. And, if you have a skincare routine but it is the same one you had when you were a teenager, it is probably time for a change. As we age our bodies change, and we need to use the right products to bring out the best in our skin. Here are a few ways to keep your skin healthy:
• Take care of yourself AND your skin. Make sure you exercise, eat a healthy diet, and drink lots of water. Staying healthy will help your skin to look healthy.
• Determine your skin type. You should use the skincare product that is formulated just for your type of skin – is your skin oily, dry, normal, or a combination of these?
• Use a toner after you wash your face. Toners can add important nutrients to skin. Look for one with vitamins E and C, hyaluronic acid, or alpha and beta hydroxy acids.
• Moisturize. You might think that if you have oily skin you can skip this step, but that’s not true. Moisturizer keeps the skin soft and hydrated. At night, use a moisturizer that is specifically for nighttime use – it will help to repair any damage done to your skin throughout the day.
• Pay attention to anything unusual. Skin cancer can appear even on parts of the skin that never see the sun. Make sure to see your doctor if you notice odd changes to your skin.
If you need a bit of help getting the beautiful skin you want, contact Revitalize! CNY. Call (315) 251-1234 for an appointment today!